The court may issue a warrant when:
- you fail to appear
- you fail to comply with an Order of the Court
- you do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payments as promised
Failure to Appear: if you fail to appear on or before the date listed at the bottom of your citation or on a scheduled court date and time, a violation of Failure to Appear may be filed against you. In addition the court may:
- Issue a warrant for your arrest.
- Add a $50 court cost for processing the warrant per violation.
- A hold may be placed with DPS to prevent the issuance/renewal of your driver's license as well as an additional $30 court cost.
- Forward your case(s) to a collection agency which will increase your outstanding balance by 30% per violation.
Failure to meet an order of the Court: If you have appeared before a judge and agreed to a payment plan or extension of time to pay, community service, or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders or a warrant for your arrest may be issued.
Resolving a Warrant: Your warrant may be canceled by pleading "no contest" or "guilty" to the violation(s) and making payment for the fine(s) and any additional court costs.
In person: Payment must be made in the form of cash, cashier's check, money order or by visa, master card, and discover with an additional 5% processing fee.
NO PERSONAL CHECKS!